Printek FP530si printers are a variant of the popular FP530 Series with extended durability and specifications for challenging printing applications. Running battery-free and mounted to a fixed structure in industrial, construction, or manufacturing vehicles, the FP530si operates reliably under severe conditions not typically associated or compatible with the use of standard ruggedized mobile printers, from the desert to the tundra.
FP530si printers are built to last. They’re built for speed and usability too. Consider these time-saving, ease of use, and flexibility-enhancing features:
- Overmold design for superior resistance to impact.
- IP54 rated for water and dust resistance.
- Generous media capacity reduces reloading.
- Blazing print speeds up to 5 ips.
- Rugged, screw down connector for power and data.
- Simple drop-in paper loading... no need to thread paper.
- Direct thermal printing... no ink, no toner, no mess - and good performance in any weather.
- Available in Cabled, Bluetooth®, and Wi-Fi versions.
- Wide input voltage range and superior circuit protection.
- Sealed, wipe-clean control panel.
- Printing Method: Direct thermal
- Printing Resolution: 203 dpi (8 dots per mm)
- Printing Speed: Up to 5 ips
- Printing Width: Up to 2.8“ (7.9 cm)
- Fonts: True Type fonts, from 6 cpi to 34 cpi depending on emulation chosen, plus scaling.
- Unicode support for international characters.
- Bar Codes: Over 50 1D and 2D codes supported, depending on emulation chosen.
- Downloadable firmware, fonts, graphics, and logos.
- Standard (All Units): RS232 and USB (via USB to RS232 cable only)
- Wireless Options:
- Bluetooth® 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n compatible
- 256 MB flash, 512 MB DDR. Standard memory supports large and graphic intensive jobs.
- Paper Type: Direct Thermal Roll, and label media.
- Roll Size: Maximum roll diameter 2.625” (66.7 mm), allows roll widths up to 3.125” (80 mm)Roll
- Capacity: Label Media - Approx. 75’ (23m) creating 148 6” long labels (with 5.5 mil thick media). Receipt Media - Approx. 166’ (51m), creating 332 6” long receipts.
- Core Size: 0.75” (19mm) recommended.
- Drivers and Utilities: Drivers for WIN 7, WIN8, WIN 10. Compatible with Windows Mobile, and Android.Native App and Web printing.
- Printer Setup via internal web page, access with browser from any host (tablets and smartphones included using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi models).
- Emulations: Emulates many popular printer brands and languages including: Zebra CPCL and ZPL, and ESCPOS. Firmware can be upgraded as new emulations become available.
Electronics / Power
- Ruggedized screw down-type
- DB-9 connector for power and I/O.
- 9-32 VDC in-vehicle power.
- Auto ON/OFF with vehicle power.
- Operating Temp: -30° to 185°F (-40° to 85°C).
- Storage Temp: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C).
- Humidity: 10% to 90% RH (non-condensing)
- Rated IP54 per IEC529
- L x W x H: 6.5" x 5" x 4"(16.5 x 12.7 x 10.16 cm)
- Weight: 25.6 ounces (0.73 kg)
Operator Controls and Indicators
- LED indicators for power and general status.
- Buttons for paper feed and set-up.
- Sensors for paper out, door open, and black mark detection.
Durability and Reliability
- Survives multiple 4 foot drops to concrete (each face) and conforms to IEC 68-2
- Vibration Resistance: 9.8 Grms
- 24 to 2000 Hz
- MTBF: 10,000 hours in normal use
- FCC Class B, CE mark, UL listed AC adapters
- 2-year printer warranty on the entire printer—case and print head included.
Options and Accessories
- Media in case quantities.
- Serial cable with unterminated power leads (various lengths).
- USB to RS-232 cable with unterminated power leads (various lengths).
- Various RAM Mount components available.