All Printek dot matrix printers come with a one-year, return-to-factory printer warranty, and a two-year limited printhead warranty when Printek brand ribbons are used. The printhead warranty drops to one year when non-Printek brand ribbons are used.
Printek offers a variety of service programs to meet your needs:
1. Printek Express Programs (PEP)
Factory service offers the benefit of having your equipment repaired by highly trained technicians who understand your printer inside and out.
Printek Express Programs (PEPs) provide two options for factory service without a long wait:
PEP I: 24-Hour Replacement Program
- Printek guarantees that a replacement printer will arrive at your site within 24 hours of notification (U.S. only), Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST. Simply return the nonworking unit—with prepaid freight and insured—within 10 days.
- You now have a printer that is yours to keep, complete with the latest technology updates.
- If you purchase a PEP I annual service contract within 90 days of purchasing a Printek printer, Printek will extend the contract period for an additional year at 50% off the regular PEP I annual rate.
PEP II: 48-Hour Factory Turnaround Program
- Printek guarantees to repair and ship your printer within two (2) working days of its arrival at the factory.
- For any printer that is placed under a PEP II annual contract within 90 days of purchase, we will extend this expedited service for a second year at no extra charge.
To view rates for Printek’s PEP I and PEP II service contracts, click here.
2. Regular Factory Service Options
Two options are available for service repair at the factory:
Flat-Rate Repair: Your Printek printer will be repaired and adjusted to factory specifications. Note: Replacement of a defective printhead is not covered under the standard flat-rate price. Includes a 30-day warranty on parts and labor.
Refurbished Repair: Your Printek printer will be repaired and updated both electronically and mechanically. Preventive maintenance will also be performed on major subassemblies such as the ribbon drive, timing belt, head gapping, paper stepper, and the shuttle area (on some models). Printhead replacement is also included provided it meets established criteria. This plan also includes a 90-day warranty on parts and labor.
- All Printek printers carry a one-year limited warranty.
- Printers under warranty coverage and not covered under a PEP or Service contract must be returned to the nearest Independent Authorized Service Center or to Printek for warranty repair.
To view rates for Printek’s regular factory service options, click here.
Independent Authorized Service Centers (IASCs)
There are more than 100 IASCs around the world to help service your Printek dot matrix printers. These centers meet stringent criteria established by Printek’s Service Department for technical training and spare parts inventory.